Monday, April 28, 2008 @ 7:27 PM
Monday, Jyz
I know I am kinda lag, I just finished reading Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie.
When I finished reading, I feel like going for a second round all over again instantly. It's really an inspirational book, touched me in the heart. Oh god... I am again in love with another good book.
Let me read out an extract for you guys if you have not got the chance to read it yet.
Here goes:
It is 1979, a basketball game in the Brandeis gym. The team is doing well, and the student section begins a chant, " We're number one! We're number one!" Morrie is sitting nearby. He is puzzled by the cheer. At one point, in the midst of "We're number one!" he rises and yells, " What's wrong with being number two?"
The students look at him. They stop chanting. He sits down, smiling and triumphant.
This short story really made me think.
I guess I am not that philosophical to extract out any wisdom out of it after all.
What I got after thinking about it was, number 2 can just be as great as number 1.
(oh god, haha)
Hahaha enlighten me if you get what the extract's trying to say (:
Monday blues, j.